Most contributions and activites PME conferences are documented by contributions in the PME proceedings. Papers proposed for PME conferences should conform to the aims of PME as stated in Item 2 of the Constitution, as stated below:
- to promote international contacts and exchange of scientific information in the psychology of mathematical education;
- to promote and stimulate interdisciplinary research in the aforesaid area; and
- to further a deeper and more correct understanding of the psychological and other aspects of teaching and learning mathematics and the implications thereof.
The author(s) should state what is new in the research and how it builds on past research, or goes in new directions.
All of these contributions are reviewed, in particular
- Research Report Contributions are subject to a double-blind peer review with usually three reviewers
- Short Oral Contributions and Poster Presentation proposals are reviewed by the International Programme Committee of the Conference
- Research Forum, Working Session, Discussion Group proposals are reviewed by the International Programme Committee of the Conference
If you want to prepare a contribution yourself or if you review contributions for IGPME, you will find information about how to prepare and review contributions on these pages.